It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 6:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: State of development.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:24 am 

So tl;dr shit is going slowly. I was hoping we'd attract more contributors to the project by now and a ton of my time has been taken up by developing for main Baycode. At the moment I'm also intending on cutting a lot of ties to SS13 and trying to spend less time working on or playing spacemans, so my attendance here may (will) drop significantly if all goes as planned. The current hosting setup is sustainable with the money coming in from Patreon so that's not really a worry but the elusive first real release seems to be moving further away.

Speaking of the Patreon - given that I can't commit to reliably developing the game in sane timeframe at this point, and that other contributions have been kinda ad-hoc, I'm not sure how comfortable/suitable I am to be continuing to administrate the server hosting/funding. Is there any point paying for a server for an unplayable codebase? It's no skin off my nose to keep hosting it in the current manner but I think it's something worth discussing.

So. Thoughts, commentary, suggestions? Should we advertise for contributors on Reddit?

Post subject: Re: State of development.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:22 am 

In my book, I think all that's really needed for a proper release is the map and the most crucial things to make it function, in a bit of a crude way. Honestly, assets can be re-used to make things seem more complete and all that.

Atm, I think the best course of action is to keep hosting the server, and make a reddit announcement thread. Make it big and flashy, with our most exciting developments being included, like the Resomi, the Human Subspecies. The Petty Officer gear and maybe some features that're older but didn't really get mentioned. Our atmospheric lighting, the fish and the abyss. Make mention of our plans, and include screenshots of the new map, while still making mention of the boxmap and include ideas to make it fun and exciting, perhaps by telling them to annex departments and then secede from the "station" forming their own areas. Sorta like the factions and domes, but on a more player-reliant scale. The title for this announcement thread should make it apparent what ES13 is. Something along the lines of "Europa Station 13, New Features, News, and the Test Server." Perhaps throw in an underwater station to the title, will also help liven things up.
However, at the very bottom of the post, make mention of how HELP IS NEEDED. Specifically coders and mappers. Ideally, that'll draw in more of a community as well as some more devs. Remember to include the IRC info as well as our forums.

Tanner Redding; High school dropout turned career soldier.
Evelyn Hall; German Sub Pilot.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:37 pm 
Site Admin

I agree with Final

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:57 pm 

Finalsong wrote:
In my book, I think all that's really needed for a proper release is the map and the most crucial things to make it function, in a bit of a crude way. Honestly, assets can be re-used to make things seem more complete and all that.

Atm, I think the best course of action is to keep hosting the server, and make a reddit announcement thread. Make it big and flashy, with our most exciting developments being included, like the Resomi, the Human Subspecies. The Petty Officer gear and maybe some features that're older but didn't really get mentioned. Our atmospheric lighting, the fish and the abyss. Make mention of our plans, and include screenshots of the new map, while still making mention of the boxmap and include ideas to make it fun and exciting, perhaps by telling them to annex departments and then secede from the "station" forming their own areas. Sorta like the factions and domes, but on a more player-reliant scale. The title for this announcement thread should make it apparent what ES13 is. Something along the lines of "Europa Station 13, New Features, News, and the Test Server." Perhaps throw in an underwater station to the title, will also help liven things up.
However, at the very bottom of the post, make mention of how HELP IS NEEDED. Specifically coders and mappers. Ideally, that'll draw in more of a community as well as some more devs. Remember to include the IRC info as well as our forums.

Well, if help is very desperately needed. I know a small bit of mapping. But as stated, only if help is VERY desperately needed. I'm not very good, but if told what needed I might be able to assist with a few things.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:35 pm 

How's this been going lately?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:23 am 

Slow and steady. Most discussion goes on the IRC/Discord. Infopost will be up on Reddit sometime in the next couple weeks.