It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Progress
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:11 am 

Right, just making this thread so we have a place to dump projects that we're working on, so we don't end up working across purposes.

Right now I'm attempting to port Paradise-LINDA to Baycode-XGM to replace ZAS, then get the ocean working. The LINDA code compiles and loads, but doesn't appear to function as atmos yet; no runtimes, though, so that's something.

Post subject: Re: Progress
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:51 am 

LINDA is merged with XGM to some extent, it compiles and launches fine, but it seems like gases do not like to move around between turfs - temperature does, though, I spawned and opened a tank of cryo oxygen and froze to death.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:32 pm 

Working on implementing a system that better handles tram collisions.

Basically all mobs the train encounter get gibbed if lying down or otherwise take massive bone-shattering amounts of brute damage, and all dense objects get ex_act applied to them. Another neat bonus of the tram system is that non-dense objects the tram encounters get "pushed" by the tram as they get caught on the front of it, so you can scrape the gibs and items of unlucky people off the front of the tram.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:45 am 

Still working on atmos. XGM now returns a fluid volume value for drowning, water is handled by atmos, and freezing/drowning/crushing all work as intended. Gases spreading is animated (alpha levels), LINDA-XGM runs at 5 ticks, gas overlays are greyscaled/coloured. Atmos still doesn't spread, though.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:28 pm 

Zuhayr wrote:

Still working on atmos. XGM now returns a fluid volume value for drowning, water is handled by atmos, and freezing/drowning/crushing all work as intended. Gases spreading is animated (alpha levels), LINDA-XGM runs at 5 ticks, gas overlays are greyscaled/coloured. Atmos still doesn't spread, though.

Looks great. Keep up the great work.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:50 pm 

Atmospherics is functional! Still buggy as Hell, especially regarding fires, but it's usable.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:05 pm 

Zuhayr wrote:
Atmospherics is functional! Still buggy as Hell, especially regarding fires, but it's usable.

Fantastic work.

I don't understand the code at all, so my input very well might be worthless - but would classifying the water as CO2/N2O help with putting out fires?

Suggestion, as well as helping me lean and understand.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:06 pm 

Zuhayr wrote:

Awesome! The hype intensifies!

Tanner Redding; High school dropout turned career soldier.
Evelyn Hall; German Sub Pilot.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:11 pm 

KallMor wrote:
Zuhayr wrote:

Fantastic work.

I don't understand the code at all, so my input very well might be worthless - but would classifying the water as CO2/N2O help with putting out fires?

I haven't looked over the fire code that I ported along with LINDA yet, but as far as I know, CO2 and N2O put fires out by increasing pressure/heat capacity of the area, lowering the temperature below the ignition point and displacing the oxygen that the fire needs to survive. With that in mind, water should already put fires out pretty handily - I know during testing that 400 units of water happily prevented a phoron fire from starting.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:57 pm 

Zuhayr wrote:
KallMor wrote:
Zuhayr wrote:

Fantastic work.

I haven't looked over the fire code that I ported along with LINDA yet, but as far as I know, CO2 and N2O put fires out by increasing pressure/heat capacity of the area, lowering the temperature below the ignition point and displacing the oxygen that the fire needs to survive. With that in mind, water should already put fires out pretty handily - I know during testing that 400 units of water happily prevented a phoron fire from starting.

Cheers for answering the question. I also assume the water already (or is planned to) causes overpreasure due to the depth, or is that not planned?