PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:26 am 

5crownik007 wrote:
guys
what about the diagram i drew

you focus on my unable to vote
thoughts on my diagram bros
bros
2-4 hrs

I'm not entirely sold on the idea of having random ghosts haunt people all the time (could be under an event type, however?), but the idea of having a few drones out in the ocean able to rebuild things could be an enjoyable feature to add to the game at some point. Having a full AI out there? As long as it wouldn't be able to interface with Yonaguni, and was confined to the sub... Maybe. On the fence for that.

Edit:

To be more in-depth, having a competing AI out in the wastes of the ocean could possibly lead to some unfavorable situations, and even griffy ones. My main concern would be if this AI acted like a station-bound AI, honestly. If it was self-contained into the sub and really was just a piloting AI for that, I would have many less problems with it being there, though I still hold a few reservations against it being every round, and always there. Part of the problem of having things like this out in the world /all the time/ is because it leads to stale RP. An example of this stale roleplay would be the alien outpost on the mining asteroid on BS12, it's fun the first few times you find it, it is! But, after one or two times, you begin to actively stay away from it, due to it being samey RP that is always the same. It's boring if you deal with the same thing every single round.

I have no problems with having deep-sea drones, however, because that could be a very fun thing to play, and wouldn't lead to the events I am talking about (provided that they were lawed properly, as to not leave the z-level, and such). They would be instructed to repair or construct an outpost, and then simply allowed to build this structure. If nothing else, it would give construction-focused players the ability to experiment with the various functions of things in ES13, and how they differ from BS13. They could also lead to an enjoyable experience if an individual, on the run from something, found the structure and hid inside.

On ghosts, I am not a fan of having ghosts be able to haunt a random individual after a few moments of being dead, unless there were very specific functions put in place for this. It would simply end up making ghosts troll a specific individual and float around them all round without additional features put in place to make it more fun, and less trolly. As well, I would prefer if this was restricted to a specific round type or some other condition, rather than an every round thing, but would concede to it being every round if additional functionality was added that was in support of this very specific feature, such as spells and things the ghost could use on the player. Still, I am hesitant to say that I am fine with this idea being outside of a specific round type, due to the nature of the ghosts haunting people in general.

Edit two: I realized that I said practically the same thing on the ghosts section several times, so I will attempt to redo that. The ghosts should, if this was even implemented, be limited in how many people can haunt one individual. One to two, ideally. As well, in whatever type of round this was allowed in, they should have a spell entitled "manifest," or something similar, that allows the ghost to make itself partially present in the world. This would be how the ghost interacts with the player, primarily. They would be able to use the "say" and "emote" verbs, but likely incapable of actually harming the individual they were haunting, unless a specific artifact/spell/threshold had been crossed that round. The reason why I am so hesitant is that it could honestly lead to many unfavorable RP situations, and perhaps I would also request rules be put in place for the ghosts, such as not giving out explicit information for the round. Be cryptic, and such.

Also, this topic should be moved to it's own suggestion thread, as this is off topic of what this thread is about, but it's still a topic worth discussing.