It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: cool ideas
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:43 am 

Ideas

1 New job: The criminal. (their can only be 2 of these doods)
Alt titles: The Smuggler. The Prisoner. The Immigrant. The Spy. The Test Subject. The Cultist. The Mafia.

He is basically a person who smuggled himself aboard the ship to stay alive from the law/etc. he is basically a antagless antag.

The Criminal will basically spawn with a Random outfit. a Revolver. a shoe. and thats pretty much it.

The Smuggler instead will spawn with the same things except a knife and a briefcase full of random illegal things like drugs. he also has a wad of 1000 dollars. his job is to basically start a blackmarket.

The Prisoner. He instead will spawn with a orange jumpsuit. a Baton and a Knife and a handcuff. he stolen from a security guard. he is a escaped prisoner.

The Immigrant. He is a illegal immigrant just seeking to make a better life. He will spawn with a Citizen job of his choosing thats not already taken. he is basically their to be a illegal immigrant and be flung into the ocean when his past is found. he is not on the crew manifest.

The Spy is their to spy on the station and monitor it for certain traitor people. he has a camera bug and a special headset that lets him monitor EVERYTHING. as well as a agent ID.

The Test subject is a escaped test subject from one of the Outposts. he spawns with a random power and a Random Disability. he also wears a white jumpsuit.

The Cultist is a insane madman who worships a weird weird weird religion. he spawns with a chaplain hood and a bible and he's basically a insane chaplain.

The mafia is a godfather of a really powerful organized crime group. he spawns with a fancy uniform and a revolver.

The Invasion Basically what this is is a random faction is chosen to raid the outpost..their is the.

1 The Mercs.

Just a merc team sent from a rival corporation to blow up the outpost for profits. the classic Syndicates.

2 The Pirates.

YARRR!. We be their to plunder the booty of this puny outpost YARRR~ (joke). they're not exactly pirates..more like organized criminals their for a quick fix before they head on their next cirme spree.

3 The Terrorists.

They are a Terrorist group dedicated to keeping everyone out of Europa. they have a large knowledge of what lies in the ocean and why they should leave.

4 The Insane ones.

They are the direct opposite of the Terrorist group. they kill and maim and burn in the name of chaos and destruction. basically think of Khorne Bezerkers from warhammer 40k

dat is all.

Post subject: Re: cool ideas
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:52 am 

Right, so, here's my few responses to this topic. These are all based on my current information on the server. If anyone knows more, please correct it! Now, before I give my proper responses (as I may sound a bit harsh, and I apologize for that!), thank you for contributing ideas to the project! They are very nice to have! :) Moving on...

1) Antagless Antags: Not a fan of this concept. I personally do not think that someone should be able to join as a regular jobslot that IS an antag, at any point. Such individuals would needlessly distract from a (possibly voted) gamemode. Furthermore, this is not required due to the separate factions existing, already drawing contention and drama at the starting line. If you do wish for your character to be someone who is here mostly to hide from the rest of the galaxy, I doubt there will be any major complaints against that, but playing it as an antag is unlikely to acceptable.

2) Invasion: As of right now, this idea will be implemented in the mercenary roundtype. Mercs will be able to decide their own gimmicks for coming and such, however. Those will not be hardcoded in.

Also, keep in mind there is no corporation behind this. It's a SolGov colony, on Europa. Just, a fairly decrepit and underfunded colony.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:03 am 

Lonefly wrote:
LONEFLY'S POINTS.

I was going to respond to this when I got out of the shower, but seeing as Lonefly has already done so in a manner that also fits my opinion of it all, I'll just say that I agree with them.

Tanner Redding; High school dropout turned career soldier.
Evelyn Hall; German Sub Pilot.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:39 pm 

My intent is to replace Traitor mode with a mixed bag of antagonists, including gear spawns - smugger/stowaway/madman would all fit into that well. There's already a 'renegade' antag type who spawns with a random gun and a survival objective.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:49 am 

Well I see this isn't really needed than.