It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: July progress report.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:32 pm 

I'm curious to see if the Reddit hug is going to take the forums down like it did last time.

Been a slow month on the feature front for various reasons (loss of motivation, Bay's dev-freeze fix cycle taking up a bunch of my time) but we're plodding along. The map is expanding slowly, with a rough blocked-out area for Science and Mining placed and much of the lighting updated, and hosting has been scoped out and will probably be approximately $50USD a month. We also hammered out some rough policies for admin behavior and server rules which can be found here. Most of the code work this month was optimization and fixes for the bastardized XGM-linda atmospherics and a few features like passports for all colonists, fishtanks and a skeletal VIP system for donators to get some extra 100% cosmetic items from the gear loadout and robolimb options. There's also a VIP channel but that is probably going to get nuked after some discussion, as it would not really add much to the game.

The current plan for this month is as follows:
  • Hack together an updated Box map that uses Yonaguni staff positions and ocean instead of space for the sake of having a content-complete test map. This can be updated as features are added and work as a stand-in until the main map is complete.
  • Add some gaudy as Hell golden robolimbs and a ridiculous tower of hats for use by people on the VIP list.
  • Finish up the Bay-based backend work needed before working heavily on the map (floor tile rewrite, dev-freeze fixes for the antag system, etc)
  • Update the game modes and antag datums appropriately for the shifted focus of Europa.
  • Try and get through anything else in the initial release list and Github issue list before testing.

A tentative test date has been marked down as the 21st of August, since I'd rather not launch without the core dev team around to play and various things will get in the way before that date.

We're currently looking for spriters, mappers and coders interested in contributing to the project - I would invite anyone remotely curious about helping out to pop onto #yonaguni on irc.sorcery.net.

One other thing of note is the permaban mirroring plan which may come as a nasty surprise to anyone unfamiliar with it. I'll be getting a public banlist up before the test date to allow people to appeal before the server is up.

Post subject: Re: July progress report.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:25 pm 

Nice to see people still working on this project.